cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ask for schedule for formal JAX-RS2.0 support
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:01:14 GMT

On Mar 26, 2014, at 4:25 AM, Bin Zhu <luckyzhubin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed from the following site that CXF 3.0 haven't claim formal JAX-RS
> 2.0 compliance yet, is there any rough schedule when will it be formal
> supported? Thanks.

To follow up on what Sergey has already stated…..

The agreement between Apache and Oracle/Sun that provided Apache with access to the various
TCK’s expired a while ago.   So far, attempts to setup a new agreement have not been successful
due to Oracle requiring various restrictions that would be incompatible with the goals of
the Apache foundation.  Until Oracle is willing to adjust the terms, we’re not likely to
have access again.

That said, there HAS been some attempts recently to get the conversation between Apache and
Oracle restarted.   We’ll see if that changes the situation at all, but we (CXF) would not
be able to give a concrete timeline.

HOWEVER, the CXF community is more than willing to do whatever we need to do to make sure
the CXF JAX-RS implementation is as complete and compatible as possible.   If any users find
any issues, they are encouraged to log the issues so they can be addressed.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp