cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ask for schedule for formal JAX-RS2.0 support
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 10:40:20 GMT
Hi
On 26/03/14 08:25, Bin Zhu wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed from the following site that CXF 3.0 haven't claim formal JAX-RS
> 2.0 compliance yet, is there any rough schedule when will it be formal
> supported? Thanks.
>
> http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html
>
> CXF 3.0.0 completely implements JAX-RS 2.0 including new Client API and has
> been fully tested against the first JAX-RS 2.0 TCK which became available
> to Apache (jaxrstck-2.0_26-Feb-2013).
>
> Note: CXF 3.0.0 can not claim at the moment the formal JAX-RS 2.0
> compliance due to the fact that the final JAX-RS 2.0 TCK has not been
> available to Apache.

The formal compliance cam be claimed only if the implementation has
passed the final TCK. Unfortunately Apache has lost the access to Oracle
TCK and therefore we can not claim a formal compliance due to the fact
we can't run Apache CXF against the final TCK.

My personal point of view: CXF JAX-RS 2.0 implementation is technically
sound with respect to supporting the 'letter' of JAX-RS 2.0. Testing
against the Feb 2013 TCK has definitely helped too.

The remaining known issue is:

Of course, the final TCK may have the tests exposing some CXF issues.
I'm hoping the users will help us to trace such issues if any in the
absence of the final TCK package.

Some EE-specific JAX-RS 2.0ptions (notably EJB) are not directly
supported in CXF; Andriy Redko has done the initial CDI support which
covers the relevant JAX-RS 2.0 text but it is a work in progress. I will
be updating the wiki about it all too,

I updated this page yesterday due to some external concerns about Apache
CXF being not factually correct about it. I'm kind of impressed we've
got the query on the dev list the next day :-).

Cheers, Sergey