cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jaxws handler init method is not called
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:16:29 GMT

On Mar 13, 2014, at 12:15 PM, Yang, Gang CTR (US) <gang.yang.ctr@mail.mil> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using CXF 2.6.6 JAX-WS front. I have a simple JAX-WS service and a JAX-WS handler,
which is hooked with the service via the @HandlerChain. The classes is packaged into a war
with cxf-servlet.xml defining the JAX-WS service endpoint w/o defining the handler. When the
war is deployed into Tomcat 7.0.19, the handler default constructor is called, but not the
init() method, which was annotated with @PostConstruct. Appreciate any help.

Can you breakpoint in the constructor and provide a stack trace?   The PostConstruct should
be called providing it’s CXF creating the handler and not spring or similar.  Would like
to see which code path is calling into the constructor.

--
Daniel Kulp