cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN is read only, git is live...
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 03:56:22 GMT

Just  a couple notes:

1) Everyone please clone the new repo and make sure it works for you.   I’m hoping no one
will have any issues with it.

2) I renamed trunk -> master prior to the repo being handed to infra.  “master” is
the normal git name.

3) I did quite a bit of cleanup on the 2.7.x-fixes branch today.   For every commit on the
2.7.x branch, if it was a “merge”, I tried to determine the original commit on trunk and
attempted a cherry-pick directly.  If the result was 100% the same, I kept the cherry-pick.
 Otherwise, I used the merge.  Thus, a "git log” on the 2.7.x branch should look much better
as it isn’t a bunch of  "Merged revisions 1565237 via  git cherry-pick…”  messages and
instead would have the original message.   It took me ALL DAY to get the 2.7 branch done.
 I didn’t do the 2.6 branch as it would take much much longer due to many more revisions
and the double indirect (would need to find the commit from 2.7 first and then the commit
from trunk)  Anyway, I did to full “diff -r” between the tags on the 2.7 branch and the
equivalent tag in our original repo to make sure there are 0 differences.

4) I’ll send a note off to fisheye tomorrow to get that updated.  I’ll also get ohloh
updated tomorrow.

Dan

On Feb 18, 2014, at 10:34 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> Just an FYI:   trunk/branches/tags in SVN are now readonly.
>
> The new repo is now live at:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf.git
>
> The mirrors on github should be re-created within 24 hours at which point all the special
hooks for the github integration will be added.

> Happy git-ing!
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp