cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Follow-up on CDI integration
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 22:14:44 GMT
>  From my side the main point is that we should NOT start to reinvent the
> wheel and create our own small CDI impl.
No worries, we've agreed to it.

> I think if we start with a CDI container or Java EE server and implement
> CXF support as a portable CDI extension we will have full
> support of all CDI features while not getting into the way of the
> container.

All I'm looking for is for users be able to utilize CDI with the help of
Weld/Delta Spike while working in the standalone/servlet containers such
as Tomcat and Jetty, without getting into the way of the containers
already doing CDI 'natively'.

AFAIK I'm not looking for the full CDI support at the JAX-RS end, having
a basic injection supported will do my 'day' for a start for sure :-),
the rest - up to yourself, Andriy and others

> So for example we would not scan for the @Path annotation ourself and
> instead tell the CDI container we want to be called back if it hits a
> @Path annotation. Not sure how to do this exactly but I am pretty sure
> CDI extensions can do that.
The auto-discovery is the next/orthogonal issue, I'm not concerned about
it as far as the JAX-RS CDI integration is concerned...

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders