cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Follow-up on CDI integration
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 11:36:01 GMT
Hi Andriy

On 18/02/14 22:44, Andrey Redko wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Follow-up on a recent conversation, I am wondering if someone is looking
> into PoC for CDI integration in CXF? (Christian?) I would like to spend
> some time and try to come up with easy way to have basic CDI support in
>   JAX-RS / JAX-WS services. Please let me know if someone is already
> working on that so I will work on something else.

AFAIK I'm interested in seeing the basic injection of beans working in
standalone containers like Tomcat as per the JAXRS 2.0 spec describing
the optional integration with CDI, for example,

@Path("/")
public class MyRoot {

   @Inject Book book;

   @GET
   public Book getBook() {
       return book;
   }
}

IMHO the same should work for JAXWS services. And it should be enabled
optionally, so as not to interfere with EE containers doing their own
CDI work.

Christian, is it in line with what you'd like to happen when integrating
JAX-WS endpoints with CDI ?

Andrei, may be you can play a bit with the JAX-RS 2.0 level CDI
integration and then ask Christian review it and may be agree on the
common approach toward enabling the basic injection support for the
frontends ?

Thanks, Sergey