cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: WS-RM client callback property
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:13:56 GMT
I guess the question is whether we want to duplicate the JMX
functionality. My thought was to keep this callback really simple, but
still supply the essential information (basically, that the message has
made it through to the far end) to the client. I suppose it would be
easy enough to add another method to supply information at the start of
the sending process, too:

interface RMCallback {
     void messageAccepted(String seqId, long msgNum);
     void messageAcknowledged(String seqId, long msgNum);
}

This way they'd have all the information to identify the message, and if
they want to take full control over the process they can use this
information through the JMX interface. How does that sound to you?

I can still supply the simple counting implementation that just lets the
client check whether all the messages have been acknowledged yet.

   - Dennis