cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject WS-RM client callback property
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:15:25 GMT
It's important for clients using WS-RM to know when all the messages
they've sent have been acknowledged, because it's not safe for them to
terminate until this has been done. Right now we're able to use JMX to
monitor WS-ReliableMessaging operation and see when messages are
acknowledged. But this seems overly complex to me, and I'm thinking of
adding a simpler callback mechanism to make it easier.

The basic interface would be something like:

interface AcknowledgementCallback {
     void messageAcknowledged();
}

I could also supply an AcknowledgementCountingCallback implementation
which would just count how many times it's been called, and define a
waitFor(n, timeout) method on this which would wait until that many
messages had been acknowledged (or until timed out). That way an
instance could be set as a client property, and the user could just
count how many messages they'd sent and when they're done call the
waitFor() method to make sure they'd all been received before the
application terminates.

Any objections or better ideas?

Thanks,

   - Dennis