cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optional support for CDI integration ?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:04:14 GMT
> On 10.02.2014 17:50, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> That looks interesting; if we talk about the two options Andrei
>> mentioned, I guess you'd like to follow the first one, i.e, have a
>> pretty comprehensive support, right ?
>> I wonder, what can we do to get a basic @Inject (ion) of CDI beans
>> into CXF service classes working ? That would do for a start for me :-)
>>
> Not really. I think we should not try to recreate CDI for cxf. Instead
> we should attach CXF into a real CDI context using a portable extension.
> Not really sure though how to do this. I mentioned deltaspike as they
> offer such extensions. So we probably need to create something similar.
>
> What I would like to avoid though is that CDI reaches into every cxf
> module like it is the case for spring and blueprint.
> If we assume we have about 20 cxf modules with extensions for blueprint
> and spring this means we already have 40 "adapters".
>
> If we add 3 more frameworks like this there will be 100 "adapters". So I
> think we rather need to find a less intrusive way to integrate cxf into
> additional frameworks. One such way would be to rely more on standard
> java classes for configuration and use annotations and xml namespaces
> rather sparsely.

Right, I was not really going ahead with the specific proposal to update
all the modules and such again to support CDI. We have the namespace
support for Blueprint & Spring and it does help the users which is
important, but I agree, lets try to find a less intrusive way of doing
the basic CDI injection working, you are right.

This is what I meant: what can we do to get a basic @Inject (ion) of CDI
beans into CXF service classes working. I'd like to propose to tackle a
basic issue as POC, have a WS or RS service instance injected with some
other bean (via @Inject)...

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin