cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optional support for CDI integration ?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:50:51 GMT
Hi Christian
> Hi Sergey,
>
> CDI support could be quite interesting indeed. I already started
> experimenting with it too.
> See:
> https://github.com/cschneider/Karaf-Tutorial/tree/master/tasklist-cdi/tasklist-webservice/src/main/java/net/lr/cxf/cdi
>

> I think we have to create a portable CDI extension like the ones in
> apache deltaspike:
> http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation.html#module-overview
> In my experiments I even used a less advanced aproach and just created a
> custom annotation that is processed by cdi. This is probably not enough
> for good support though.
>
> So I propose we first experiment in some directions and then try to work
> out a first design.

That looks interesting; if we talk about the two options Andrei
mentioned, I guess you'd like to follow the first one, i.e, have a
pretty comprehensive support, right ?
I wonder, what can we do to get a basic @Inject (ion) of CDI beans into
CXF service classes working ? That would do for a start for me :-)

DeltaSpike looks interesting; I wonder if one can delegate to it in Java
SE...for it to inject the beans

Cheers, Sergey