cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optional support for CDI integration ?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:23:34 GMT
Hi Andrei

or just support of @Inject annotation for some CXF security, message, context objects?
> The first seems to be a bit involved, however the second sounds reasonable for me.

Yes I agree, I think we should let the containers deal with most of it,
but limit it to supporting @Inject.

In fact, I'd probably consider supporting it initially at the level shown at

https://github.com/abhijitsarkar/groovy/blob/master/movie-manager/movie-manager-web/src/main/groovy/name/abhijitsarkar/moviemanager/web/MovieResource.groovy

(The same will apply for JAX-WS).

The link above shows what JAX-RS 2.0 spec expects too from CDI-compliant
implementations. The spec also mentions that @Inject may be supported
for injecting JAX-RS annotated properties (example, instead of @Context
UriInfo -> @Inject UriInfo) but should warn about the non-portability -
I'd be OK with Tom EE supporting all of it (meaning the injection of
contexts too) for JAX-WS/JAX-RS, but I guess it is up for the discussion.

I wonder, if some basic/straight-forward link can be supported in CXF to
support the injection of beans into service classes via @Inject so that
people can just add CDI RI dep and have it working ?

Thanks, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders