cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN is read only, git is live...
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:37:37 GMT

On Feb 24, 2014, at 10:13 AM, Eirik Bjørsnøs <eirbjo@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, I've added the CXF repo added to SVNSearch [1]:
>
> http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/CXF/search

Major thanks for that.   I honestly thought that by flipping to git we were going to lose
the svnsearch stuff as I thought all of that was svn only.   I’ve very excited to see that
we get to keep that.

> Updated every 15 minutes for now. Ping me for an update hook URL which
> will enable immediate updates if that's of interest.

Hmm……   I honestly have no idea what hooks we’re “allowed” to have from the Apache
git repos.   How do you handle the Apache SVN repo?  Is that through their svnpubsub things
or timed polling?   If it’s svnpubsub, I think they have a very similar gitpubsub thing
already setup someplace, but I’m not really sure.

I’d be a bit concerned about 15 minute polling.  With only a few repos, you may not get
noticed, but if a bunch of projects ask to be listed and you keep doing 15 minutes, it may
get you banned.   I think the official word from Infrastructure is no more than once an hour,
but I’m not 100% positive on that.   They setup the svnpubsub and gitpubsub things to allow
for more “trigger based” services.

See:
 https://www.apache.org/dev/gitpubsub.html
of information  about the gitpubsub service.

Dan

> Thanks,
> Eirik.
>
> [1] Yes, SVNSearch was a bad choice of name :-)
>
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 4:34 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Just an FYI:   trunk/branches/tags in SVN are now readonly.
>>
>> The new repo is now live at:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf.git
>>
>> The mirrors on github should be re-created within 24 hours at which point all the
special hooks for the github integration will be added.

>> Happy git-ing!
>>

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp