cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleanups in JMS transport for CXF 3
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:29:24 GMT

I know the Camel folks introduced a new simple JMS component that uses the pure JMS API’s.
  I was kind of hoping they would extract some of it out into a nice library or something
we could steal.. er… use, but they didn’t.     In any case, that code may be something
to look at as well.

In anycase, let me know if there is anything you’d like some help with.  :-)

Dan

On Jan 30, 2014, at 9:03 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to do some cleanups in the jms transport for CXF 3.
>
> - Remove SingleConnectionFactory references
> We currently do transparent wrapping with a SingleConnectionFactory. I would like to
remove this. There are good pooling solutions available now. So the SingleConnectionFactory
is not neccessary anymore. The impact for users is that they have to use pooling to achieve
a good performance

> - Remove PlattformTransactionManager references
> This is a spring proprietary feature that can now be replaced by full XA solutions like
the aries transaction manager. So to make sure we still provide transaction support we need
an example with XA transactions and perhaps a test

> - Remove spring jms
> CXF is quite independent from spring now. The only big dependency is through the jms
transport. It needs spring jms and so pulls in a lot of spring jars.

> I would like to replace spring jms with some code that is standalone. I checked the code
and found most of the spring jms dependencies are around setting up the DefaultMessageListenerContainer
and to a smaller degree JMSTemplate. I am not yet sure how much effort it would be. I will
experiment a bit and in any case provide the changes in a branch for review.

--
Daniel Kulp