cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Cleanups in JMS transport for CXF 3
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:03:00 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to do some cleanups in the jms transport for CXF 3.

- Remove SingleConnectionFactory references
We currently do transparent wrapping with a SingleConnectionFactory. I
would like to remove this. There are good pooling solutions available
now. So the SingleConnectionFactory is not neccessary anymore. The
impact for users is that they have to use pooling to achieve a good
performance

- Remove PlattformTransactionManager references
This is a spring proprietary feature that can now be replaced by full XA
solutions like the aries transaction manager. So to make sure we still
provide transaction support we need an example with XA transactions and
perhaps a test

- Remove spring jms
CXF is quite independent from spring now. The only big dependency is
through the jms transport. It needs spring jms and so pulls in a lot of
spring jars.

I would like to replace spring jms with some code that is standalone. I
checked the code and found most of the spring jms dependencies are
around setting up the DefaultMessageListenerContainer and to a smaller
degree JMSTemplate. I am not yet sure how much effort it would be. I
will experiment a bit and in any case provide the changes in a branch
for review.

Best regards

Christian

--