cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Discuss: Switching cxf to git
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 21:38:23 GMT

On 23.01.2014 19:05, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2014, at 9:30 AM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The downside is for the files that have existed since 2.1, a “git
> blame” and log and such will only go back to 2.1. Blame will list me
> as the person for any lines that have existed since 2.1 (since I did
> the “release:prepare” for 2.1 and all the commits prior to that are
> squashed up into there). We could go back a little further than 2.1 if
> we feel it’s overly important. Or, we could even move up to 2.2 or
> later if we feel it’s not at all important. :-)

Sounds good to me. Of course it is important that we still know the
history of older files for legal reasons. I think this should work
though if we keep the old svn repo in read only mode. For any other
practical uses I think 2.1 should be fine as the oldest history.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de