cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Discuss: Switching cxf to git
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 17:01:42 GMT
There is one thing that might be different.

I recently "committed/pushed" a change from a non committer to karaf. I
proposed to the developer to fork the karaf repo on github and commit
and push there. I then thought to use a github pull request but this
probably would not have worked as the karaf repo at github is readonly.
So I pulled his changes into my own checkout and pushed them to karaf at
apache. So the commits still had his name in them. JB then told me that
this is probably not allowed.

So the question is: how would the process look like for pull requests?
Is it ok that the original non committer name is in the commit or do we
have to avoid this?

Christian

--

Christian Schneider