cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Discuss: Switching cxf to git
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:35:43 GMT
On 22/01/14 15:30, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Jan 22, 2014, at 4:20 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
>> Recently many apache projects switched from svn to git (like Camel and Karaf).
>> As git has many advantages compared to svn (especially for back ports) I think it
makes sense to also do this switch for cxf.

>> Any opinions?
> I’m OK with it.   It would require me to actually update the DoMerges thing, but that’s
minor.  :-)

> Few thoughts though:
>
> 1) Lets wait until after at least milestone2.   We’re close and I don’t want to screw
any of that up.

> 2) I’d LIKE to rebuild the git repo and possibly remove all the /incubator revisions
and tags.  Kind of “start” at the graduation.  Maybe a bit before at the 2.0-incubator
release.   Or at least all the “lib” dirs out of them.   That would chop about 100MB out
of the .git directory making it a LOT smaller.   The original codebase kept .jar files in
the repo which sucks with git.   I’m really not sure how much of the history and tags from
2005/2006 is at all important anymore so this is likely not a big deal.   Plus, the history
is still in SVN if we really need it.
+1 on pruning the incubator stuff and the old libs.

Who is going to process pull requests? you? (really just to know which
process is being adopted)

Cheers
Alessio

--