cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] New Apache CXF releases available
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:15:30 GMT

Due to the US holiday, I wasn’t able to send this out last week, but better late than never…
:-)

The Apache CXF team is proud to announce the availability of the latest patch releases: 2.7.8
and 2.6.11 as well as the release of the first milestone release toward CXF 3.0.0.

2.7.8 and 2.6.11 are bug fix patch releases to address bugs found by users.

2.7.8 fixes over 75 JIRA issues reported against 2.7.7.    See:
http://cxf.apache.org/cxf-278-release-notes.html

2.6.11 fixes over 35 JIRA issues reported against 2.6.10.    See:
http://cxf.apache.org/cxf-2611-release-notes.html

3.0.0-milestone1 is the first milestone toward 3.0.0.   This release contains several new
features such as JAX-RS 2.0 support, streaming WS-Security implementation, more/better data
validation options, enhanced WS-RM support, and much more.   It also has cleaned up many of
the API’s, removed a lot of duplicate code, removed some third party dependencies to reduce
the required runtime, and removed a lot of deprecated and unused code.    See the migration
guide (under construction) at:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/30-migration-guide.html

Users are encourage to give the milestone a try and help us improve it as we move toward 3.0.

For more information see:
* Download: http://cxf.apache.org/download.html
* Website: http://cxf.apache.org/