cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: issue with schema loading in spring
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 13:19:30 GMT

On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:13 AM, Aki Yoshida <elakito@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> just saw CXF-5181 which switched to use the relative paths for imports.
> [CXF-5181] Use relative paths in imports so blueprint validation can
> work without long startup delays and internet access.
>
> But in this patch, those schemas were also added to the namespace
> handler's schema mapping. So I suppose those schemas can get loaded
> locally even when the locations are kept as absolute as long as if you
> are not using an older Aries BP core like 0.3.2. I'll check on this.

You likely need BP 1.2.   A couple of the schemas import the xml schema and it didn’t seem
right to put the import for that anyplace in CXF.  You’d likely get into a situation where
multiple bundles would need to have it registered.   Thus, that schema was added to BP:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1118

Dan

> regards, aki
>

> 2013/12/16 Aki Yoshida <elakito@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Dan,
>> thanks for your input.
>>
>> In that case, I will go ahead and update the local schemas to use the
>> absolute URLs for the imports.
>> As most imports are already using the absolute URLs and they are
>> working also for offline, if some issue occurs after this change, that
>> likely just means we forgot to include that particular URL in the BP's
>> ns-handler's schema map. Then, we can fix it there.
>>
>> regards, aki
>>
>> 2013/12/13 Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>:
>>>
>>> Aki,
>>>
>>> Most of the flipping to relative locations was to work around namespace handler
issues in Blueprint.   I think those issues are now fixed in the latest blueprint, but I’m
not sure if the latest Karaf releases have been updated yet.  If not, we could always start
pushing them a bit harder.  :-)

>>> If we can verify the various situations in blueprint won’t go off to the internet
to grab schemas, we could revert them back.

>>> Dan

Source)

--
Daniel Kulp