cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Using policy impl classes outside policy module
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 22:23:29 GMT
On 10/12/2013 05:17 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2013, at 7:46 AM, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently made some changes to support WS-RM operating over WS-SecureConversation.
As part of this I needed to do some policy manipulation supported by the EndpointPolicyImpl
class but not in the EndpointPolicy interface (which also required PolicyEngineImpl rather
than PolicyEngine, and the standard EffectivePolicyImpl rather than a private EffectivePolicyImpl).
Anyone see a problem with this? Seems like bad form to be using the Impls outside the module,
but it saves a lot of copy/paste code.
> Agreed.   Looks like bad form.  I'd much rather see additional methods added to the interfaces
that may be required and flip as many params to just be the interface and not the impl.  (and
maybe cast to the impl inside the private methods or similar if really required.

Great, and thanks for your changes to EffectivePolicyImpl to make this
more usable. I'll add the initialize() method I was using to the
EffectivePolicy interface so I can avoid using the Impl directly.

   - Dennis