cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-5183 and javax.ws.rs-api
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:04:29 GMT
Hi Al,
On 03/10/13 10:18, Al Forbes wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> I understand the backward compatibility for exist 2.7.x users - although if
> they have any other dependencies that need javax.ws.rs-api (such as Jersey)
> they will run into problems.
>
> Could a 2.8.x branch solve this issue? Identical to 2.7.x, but with the the
> released rs-api 2.0. I believe it's a fairly minor change - but of course
> there is extra work to maintain two branches. On the plus side it would
> make migrating from 2.8.x to 3.0.x easier.

3.0 RC is not that far away, we are not talking about months, but weeks;
CXF 3.0 has many major components so it takes a bit of time to make all
of the relevant work completed, but it is getting close to the initial
release, I'll update you when we have more info.
In meantime, please start experimenting with 3.0-SNAPSHOT; as I said
JAX-RS 2.0 API work is mostly complete, no major updates are expected
there at all, going to be stable enough...

Cheers, Sergey