cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changing WS-RM default to terminate on shutdown
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2013 13:16:59 GMT

On Sep 2, 2013, at 3:57 AM, Aki Yoshida <elakito@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dennis,
> You mean you want to terminate the active sequence when the endpoint
> is shutdown? Maybe I am getting what you meant. A sequence should
> survive a crash or a normal endpoint shutdown because the persisted
> messages for that ws-rm endpoint must survive. So I don't think we
> should change the default setting.

What if we don't have any outstanding messages?   In that case, could we go ahead and terminate
the sequence?

If there are messages, should we add a "terminate" message to the DB so upon restart or similar,
the messages would be sent out and then the terminate sent?

Just some thoughts.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp