cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Custom HandlerChainInvoker
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:43:25 GMT
Hi,
I currently have an integration requirement which basically imply having
to perform some additional authorization checks just before invoking any
JAXWS handler handleMessage method.

For achieving that, I've thought about using a custom
HandlerChainInvoker overriding 'invokeLogicalHandlers' and
'invokeProtocolHandlers' methods.
For installing such a custom invoker, I thought about adding a custom
AbstractPhaseInterceptor running just before the SOAPHandlerInterceptor
in the PRE_PROTOCOL_FRONTEND phase; the new handler would install my
invoker in the Exchange, similarly to what is done in
AbstractJAXWSHandlerInterceptor#getInvoker.
The problem I have, however, is that ofcourse I need a handle to the
handler chain (List<Handler>) to build the invoker: the handler chain is
available from the Endpoint stored in the current exchange, if the
endpoint is an instance of JaxWsEndpointImpl. Any idea / hint on how to
get that there easily for other Endpoint types?
Does the whole flow here make sense?
Would it make sense to allow a more direct customization of the handler
chain invoker?

Thanks
Alessio

--