cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject WS-SecureConversation setup issues
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 07:52:19 GMT
I'm working on implementing WS-I Reliable Secure Profile
(http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/ReliableSecureProfile-1.0.html), which
sets out rules for how to use WS-ReliableMessaging over
WS-SecureConversation. One of the rules is that the WS-RM CreateSequence
message needs to reference the security token that's going to be used to
secure the message exchanges. I'm a little unclear on the details of how
this needs to work (and I'm looking at how Metro handles things to
clarify), but it seems clear that I'm going to need to get the WS-SC
SecurityContextToken before I can send the WS-RM CreateSequence.

The first problem is that I don't see how to kick off WS-SC to establish
the context until a message is being sent, and in this case I need the
context before I can send that first message. Any thoughts on how I can
make WS-SC establish the context without actually sending a message, and
then get hold of the context information from my WS-RM interceptors?

Thanks for any suggestions,

   - Dennis

--

Dennis M. Sosnoski