cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: JMX notifications handling?
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:22:01 GMT
Just to follow up for the archive, it looks like the notification
handling was never fully implemented. I've worked around this by
duplicating some of the code from the
org.apache.cxf.management.jmx.InstrumentationManagerImpl class to create
the RequiredModelMBean and register that directly. So instead of:

instrumentationManager.register(managedEndpoint);

I'm using:

                     ModelMBeanAssembler assembler = new
ModelMBeanAssembler();
                     ModelMBeanInfo mbi =
assembler.getModelMbeanInfo(managedEndpoint.getClass());
                     MBeanServer mbs =
instrumentationManager.getMBeanServer();
                     RequiredModelMBean rtMBean =
(RequiredModelMBean)mbs.instantiate("javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean");
                     rtMBean.setModelMBeanInfo(mbi);
                     try {
rtMBean.setManagedResource(managedEndpoint, "ObjectReference");
                     } catch (InvalidTargetObjectTypeException itotex) {
                         throw new JMException(itotex.getMessage());
                     }
                     ObjectName name = managedEndpoint.getObjectName();
                     instrumentationManager.register(rtMBean, name);

Then I can just call the sendNotification() method on the
RequiredModelMBean to pass notifications on to the client.

   - Dennis