cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.7.7 possible issue with loading security schema
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:25:04 GMT

On Sep 24, 2013, at 3:10 PM, Aki Yoshida <elakito@gmail.com> wrote:

> maybe this is just a guess, but shouldn't adding those referenced
> schemas to the relevant BP namespace handlers's schema lookup code
> would solve this look up problem? I think those schemas were not
> included there because we don't directly use those namespaces in
> blueprint.xml.

If you look at the commit, I did try that and it didn't completely fix the problem.  Not really
sure why as I didn't have time to completely dig into blueprint yet.  I know initially blueprint
will only gather up the schemas for all the namespaces it finds (which the imported namespaces
aren't part of those) and thus goes down a different path for the imports.   Would need to
recheck to figure out what was happening.

Dan

> the relative path problem in spring is strange. I didn't observe this
> problem in 2.7.7 when I ran those spring based unit tests without the
> network. And we were using a relative path in some schemas (e.g.,
> wsrm-manager.xsd) for a long time.
>
> regards, aki
>

> 2013/9/24 Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>:
>>
>> Erg….  copy paste apparently cut off the locations.
>>
>> http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd
>> http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd
>> http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig# http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd
>>

>> Dan
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Ran into this yesterday while trying to diagnose a similar issue with Colm.
>>>
>>> It's a result of:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5181
>>>
>>> Apparently there is a complete miss match between Spring and Blueprint in this
regards.  If we use full absolute paths, blueprint goes off to the internet.  If we don't,
Spring does (by default).  It's really a bug in Spring.  When Spring resolves a resource (such
as an xsd), it doesn't set the SystemID on the InputSource.  Thus, the xml parser cannot resolve
the relative paths correctly.

>>> With spring, if you update the schemaLocation in your beans.xml to add:
>>>
>>>          http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.or
>>>          http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd
http://docs.oasis-open.o
>>>          http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig# http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd
>>>
>>> that will likely fix it.
>>>
>>> I'm going to try and dig into Aries blueprint to see if we can fix the problem
with absolute paths there and if so, revert the schemas back.  But for now, we have a workaround
for Spring, but not for blueprint so we're using the relative paths that then work with blueprint.

>>> Dan

>>> --
>>> Daniel Kulp
>>> dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog