cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Wulff <owu...@talend.com>
Subject RE: Release Fediz 1.1.0...
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:25:51 GMT
Hi Sergey

OK, let's do it for 1.2.0 or maybe a patch release. I'd like to get some clean up in CXF with
respect to security and move the samlp stuff to fediz and integrate fediz into jaxrs. Then
you get support for SAML-P and WS-Federation for JAX-RS and web applications.

Thanks
Oli

------

Oliver Wulff

Blog: http://owulff.blogspot.com
Solution Architect
http://coders.talend.com

From: Sergey Beryozkin [sberyozkin@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 August 2013 14:54
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Release Fediz 1.1.0...

Hi Oli

On 20/08/13 22:14, Oliver Wulff wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'd like to release CXF Fediz 1.1.0 within the next two weeks. A lot of new features
have been implemented like support for more containers like Jetty, Websphere 7/8 and Spring
Security 2/3 and minor extensions with respect to support SAML HoK. The main new feature (FEDIZ-3)
for the Fediz IDP is the support to integrate with other trusted IDPs like ADFS or another
Fediz IDP instance which is connected to another security domain.

> The following items are pending for 1.1.0:
> - Feedback and final testing for FEDIZ-3 from Thierry
> - FEDIZ-34 for Karaf deployment
> - FEDIZ-46 for CXF JAX-RS support (Sergey, can you work on this?)

First of all, my apologies I haven't delivered on it yet. I'm committed
to doing the work but I haven't had a chance to do the work yet, apart
from experimenting with the demos :-)

Oli, if you think it is important for 1.1.0 then I'll try to give it a
go in a week or so, I'd like to try and complete as much as possible of
JAX-RS 2.0 fluent Client API work asap too, but I can allocate a couple
of days to Fediz-46 and see how far will I go...

If it can wait till 1.2.0 then it will give a bot more time and if yes I
will commit to delivering this feature in time for Fediz 1.2.0, for sure
:-)

Thanks, Sergey