cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can LocalConduit use Direct Dispatch by default ?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:52:28 GMT
Hi Dan
On 01/08/13 22:51, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan

things a bit simpler for users (no need to know about LocalConduit.DIRECT_DISPATCH unless
really needed, and if they will need a piped style then they'd disable it by setting LocalConduit.DIRECT_DISPATCH
to false)

>>> I'm OK flipping it, but I'd also want to try and actually fix the problem.
 Can you create a small test case and @Ignore it and point me at it?   Then I can try and
update the Local transport to actually work properly for that case.

>> As I mentioned on IRC, I made a GET test work in Pipe mode, for that to work I needed
to update the client runtime to add writer interceptors even for cases when no output body
is available and additionally write an empty string into the OS.

>> I'm not really sure I'd like to do it only for a LocalConduit to work in a Pipe mode
:-). May be a neater fix can be found. Have a look please when you have a chance, see JAXRSLocalTransportTest#testProxyDirectDispatchGet
and comment out the line where a direct dispatch property is set.

>> Enabling Direct Dispatch by default is not of high priority per se, but what appeals
to me there is that the same code which works in the production can be parameterized on the
address and reused with the local scheme, which is quite cool - though of course it works
for WS even with Pipe.

>> Though I can imagine that at Spring/Blueprint level there could be multiple jaxrs
clients, some bound to HTTP, some to Local, etc - that can be done too if Pipe by default
is important for Local.

> Now fixed on trunkā€¦ I'll merge to the other branches tomorrow or later tonight.

Great stuff, thanks
Sergey