cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF patch releases (2.5.11/2.6.9/2.7.6 and xjc-utils 2.6.2)
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:39:45 GMT
So far all the tests I ran with 2.7.6 are fine except I noticed one thing.

cxf-2.7.6 uses jettison 1.3.4 and uses a new method that was not in
1.3.3. So with 1.3.3, it runs into
javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.codehaus.jettison.mapped.Configuration.setWriteNullAsString(Z)V

The version range given in rt-rs-extension-provider is [1.3,2), so it
can still pick up the old jettison version that is incompatible with
it. (not relevant when using karaf cxf feature because that is
bringing the new one).

I am not familiar with the jettison's versions, and not sure whether a
short remark in the 2.7.6 release note is sufficient or some change in
the code is necessary.

regards, aki

2013/7/17 Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org>:

> We've resolved over 75 issues since 2.7.5 and almost 50 ported back to 2.5.11 and 2.6.9.
>
> This also includes an minor 2.6.2 release of xjc-utils to get the update to the boolean
getter plugin that was requested.