cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSR339 Client API implementation
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:50:36 GMT
Hi
On 26/07/13 16:56, Nilu Thakur wrote:
> We are looking in to using CXF 2.7.6 (latest release) as JAX-RS 2.0/JSR
> 339 implementation. We do have some concerns regarding the Client API
> implementation,because the CXF site says for the Client API 'To be
> supported'. Could anyone please verify if JSR 339 Client API has been
> implemented in CXF 2.7.6?

The initial implementation is on the trunk (CXF 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT).
What still needs to be done:
- support for secure HTTP (at Client API level)
- some refinements about the way custom Configurations are handled

The rest is done. Internally it is implemented in terms of WebClient.

By the way, the latest CXF release is 2.7.7.
In 2.7.7 WebClient has API links to 2.0 AsyncInvoker and SyncInvoker and
all the 2.0 filters and interceptors are also recognized - so you will
have a very minor migration effort when moving to CXF 3.0.0.

Cheers, Sergey