cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: CXF releases tomorrow…
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:56:29 GMT
Hi Dan,

On 07/15/2013 02:23 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> It's been 2 months since we did the last CXF releases so it's definitely time.   I'm
heading on vacation next week so I'd like to get them done before then.   Thus, I'm planning
on doing the builds tomorrow.   If you have anything that needs to get in that might not make
it, please shout.

I've just tried integrating the latest 2.7.6-SNAPSHOT and the JBossWS
testsuite spotted some issues. There basically seems to be some
behaviour changes wrt Bus creation (please note, I'm not saying the
changes are wrong): afaiu, the creation of a new bus used to set that
bus as a "thread bus", which would have been returned by
BusFactory.getThreadDefaultBus(false) call. Don't know if that was
actually to be considered a side effect or what, but afaics that's not
the case anymore. I believe that could be due to commit
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/cxf?cs=1495617 .

I can most likely work this out in JBossWS, but I'm wondering if this
change is a problem for the CXF release and if it suits a micro version
release.

> Also, what are peoples thoughts about making this the last 2.5.x build?

Fine with me.

Cheers
Alessio

--