cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: extensions dynamically added/removed from exited bus
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 22:53:05 GMT

On Jul 29, 2013, at 5:17 AM, iris ding <irisdingbj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Can we think CXF will not support such usage or in other words, CXF has not
> taken such function into consideration from it's initial design and such use
> cases should not be encouraged in CXF -- If user want to make new/removed
> extensions take effect in existed bus, they need to re-create the bus, Is
> this understanding right?

Pretty much yes.  Since extensions can do all kinds of things (set properties, add interceptors,
etc…) which would be difficult to "undo", it's not something we've tackled.

If the extensions are not really loaded via a META-INF/bus-extension.txt and instead are OSGi
services, you may be able to accomplish a bit more.   When the bundle stops and the service
is stopped, it should be able to get a blueprint lifecycle event and then go ahead an unregister
anything that is may have registered, but I'm not 100% sure that would work completely correctly.

--
Daniel Kulp