cxf-dev mailing list archives

From iris ding <irisdin...@gmail.com>
Subject extensions dynamically added/removed from exited bus
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 05:37:21 GMT
There are two scenarios:
1.  Add Extensions to existed bus
  a. have 5 cxf jars enabled
  b. create bus with the extensions defined in the 5 cxf
jars(META-INF/bus-extension.txt)
  c. Enable the 6th cxf jars

Currently, in CXF the new extensions defined in the 6th cxf jar can not take
effect in the old bus which was created before(eg: the bus created in above
step 2).

To solve this problem, we need to make some change in
rt\core\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\bus\osgi\CXFExtensionBundleListener.java
rt\core\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\bus\osgi\CXFActivator.java
rt\core\src\main\java\org\apache\cxf\bus\extension\ExtensionManagerImpl.java

After that the problem solved. But there is the 2nd scenario:

2. Remove extensions from existed bus
  a. have 5 cxf jars enabled
  b. create bus with the extensions defined in the 5 cxf
jars(META-INF/bus-extension.txt)
  c. Remove/Disable one of the 5 cxf jar, eg: the 5th cxf jar.

In this scenario, we need to remove the extensions defined in the 5yh cxf
jar from the existed bus.

But I can not find a suitable way to do this.

Can somebody please shed some lights on this? Many Thanks!

Iris Ding