cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Distributed OSGi release on next tuesday?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:58:54 GMT
On 20.06.2013 15:35, A. Rothman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finished fixing all the major bugs I've come across in the past
> couple of months. Code review and some more testing by others would be
> greatly appreciated - I'm sure there's room for improvement, but
> that's hard to do without feedback.
>
> A few things remain on my todo list, none of them blockers (mostly
> cleanup):
>
> 1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-108 - awaiting verdict
> (cschneider/dkulp?)
I commented in the issue. As a summary I would prefer keeping the comma
separated config for now.

> 2. Upgrading dependencies (and specifically
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-191) - what is the policy
> on this? When do all the dependencies get upgraded?

Basically the dependency upgrades should match the kind of version we
release. For a bugfix release there should only be bugfix upgrades for a
minor release  bugfix or minor upgrades... So I propose we upgrade to
3.3.2. We can also upgrade to 3.4.0 but as the release is planned quite
soon I prefer the smaller upgrade. If you want to upgrade dependencies
create an issue for it and if it may have big impact it makes sense to
discuss on the list.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-192 to track this.

> 3. Refactoring to create utils module (still awaiting response to the
> mail from a few days ago)
I would prefer to wait with this till the next release.

> 4.  Split zookeeper discovery into listening/publishing subpackages
Looks like a smaller change so I agree we can do this for 1.5.0. Can you
create an issue and do the change if you have time?

> 5. Standardizing variable names to make the code more consistent and
> readable
This sounds like a bigger change. At least it may affect a lot of code.
Can you propose a new naming scheme on the list?

> I can probably do them all in time, but would like to hear feedback if
> anyone is for/against them or has better ideas before I proceed.
>
> Finally, among the 34 unresolved issues, there seem to be a bunch
> related to distribution/deployment, possibly several are no longer
> relevant (e.g. single-bundle stuff). If anyone can sift through them
> and close the low hanging fruit (at least) that would be nice.
I regularly go through the issues and ask for feedback. I then close
them if there is no feedback after some time. Of course anyone feel free
to do the same.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider