cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OData support
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:15:24 GMT
Hi Andrei
On 17/06/13 16:33, Andrei Shakirin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The guys on the conference some weeks ago asked about Open Data (OData)
> support in CXF.
>
> The reason of question was better compatibility with .Net stack.
>
> Do we have already kind of OData support and are there any plans to do it?

have a look at OData4J project - they provide Jersey and CXF
integrations. I can see a configuration example here:

http://code.google.com/p/odata4j/wiki/Tomcat

The other thing I've been thinking about, perhaps it would make sense to
have a light-weight OData support done in the CXF search module, in
terms of FIQL, ie, take an OData query, convert it to FIQL internally,
and use SearchContext and SearchCondition API, etc...
Stephan, if you read it, do you reckon it may work ? I'm not sure FIQL
is rich enough to cover all of OData but I think it may cover some of
it, so there could be a subset of OData supported this way. I'm only
interested in this to get CXF Search extensions utilized with OData
queries. I've opened an OData4J JIRA to get OData with CXF Search
extensions integrated but having an OData query converted to FIQL query
first and then use the existing FIQL parser might be a cheaper option...

Thanks, Sergey