cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to parse unicode chars in the webservice response.
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 19:55:28 GMT

On May 20, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Asif Ali <asifali_465@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a web service client written in CXF with encoding as UTF-8. Whenever
> the service response contains unicode values like &#8217; CXF is not parsing
> that values, instead it is storing junk value in the java property. All the
> other symbols and special characters are parsed successfully but when it
> comes to unicode values like &#8217; when unmarshalling to java objects i am
> seeing junk value in the java property. Do i need to set any extra
> configuration to resolve this.

Can you use wireshark or similar to capture the raw bytes being transferred across the wire.
  The NORMAL cause for this type of problem is the client side not setting the charset on
the Content-Type HTTP header to UTF-8.    By default, if unspecified, the charset is ISO-8859-1
which would certainly cause this type of problem.

Daniel Kulp