cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XKMS donation
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 16:37:08 GMT

Andrei,

The patch is a bit bigger than I kind of expected.   That's not a bad thing.   However, I
think this might fall into the realm of requiring a grant due to it's size and complexity.
  I'll start the process tomorrow.   FYI: it's documented at:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

Dan

On May 7, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Andrei Shakirin <ashakirin@talend.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As it was already announced in "Thoughts about a 2.8 release" thread, Talend is happy
to donate the initial XKMS 2.0 implementation to CXF.

> The Jira issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5001 contains patch with initial
draft of XKMS code.

> The use case, architecture and design of XKMS Service is described in CXF wiki:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/XML+Key+Management+Service+%28XKMS%29
>
> and in the blog: http://ashakirin.blogspot.de/2013/04/cxf-security-getting-certificates-from.html.
>

> Any feedback for this code is welcome. The next tasks will be support revocation lists,
complete validate operation for trusted chains, extend system tests, support other types of
 keys and keys storages.

--
Daniel Kulp