cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: WS-Eventing for CXF
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 13:38:27 GMT
On 05/18/2013 02:26 PM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> We can now move to reasoning about the ws-event descriptions support; I
> have a few idea and will be sharing them here next week.

I didn't really have time yet to work on this, but let me share some
preliminary thoughts here so that they don't get lost (perhaps Jan wants
to read them / match them with his idea).

First of all, I think we need to work on providing a simplified way for
exposing proper ws-eventing metadata in the event source contract. With
aim of going on with the code first approach for the event source
definition, I would propose a @EventSource annotation to be added to the
event source ws endpoint class. That would allow specified the event
sink interface class, which could be used at deploy time for generating
the notification wsdl (A.2 in the spec) to be automatically added into
the EventSource assertion. Additional props could be supported in the
annotation, to set the various things in the assertion (filters,
expiration, etc.).

Btw, the policy info above should also be used for automatically
configuring the event source / subscription manager using the policy
engine (the assertion can be used e.g. to set limits to the supported
subscription expiration, etc.)

Cheers
Alessio

--