cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More cache in jaxrs impl
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 15:17:38 GMT
Hi Romain
On 10/05/13 11:03, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It doesnt urge (and im cleaning up tomee after the owb update which broke a
> bunch of stuff for weeks so no real time ATM ;) but saw it several times
> integrating cxf in tomee and each time i tested/debugged doing a POST data
> provisioning i was womdering why it was so complicated since it was the
> same than previous query. Finally found time to start discussing it here :)
>
> What would be great: ok for a param but on server factory bean too to let
> tomee activate it if possible, backported in 2.6.x otherwise tomee 1.x will
> not be able to be certified :(
>
> Then the key of the cache should only be composed of the fixed uri, http
> method, consume  and produce media type no? Kind of light
> OperationResourceInfo

We'll have to think carefully about it; at the moment I'm not sure
if/how it will work, perhaps a limited optimization is possible, I'm
thinking more about eliminating the possibly redundant checkups after a
first candidate has been found, etc or when the resource has such
operations that it can become safe to cache, I'm not sure really at the
moment.
I was thinking more about the servlet level optimization
Cheers, Sergey