cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More cache in jaxrs impl
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 09:50:17 GMT
Hi Romain
On 10/05/13 10:27, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Excepted if i didnt get the code right it seems the endpoint resolution is
> done each time in rs impl.
>
> Couldnt it be cached a bit more? (i think to fixed uri which is common for
> not GET cases). In such a case cxf could skip a bunch of logic no?
>
> The idea is to get perf closer to servlets since jaxrs is close to them (i
> never said it was the same ;)
>
> Wdyt?

I think it is a not a bad idea at all. We can try to experiment with it
by introducing an optional servlet parameter so that we can always
resort to the existing tried and tested approach if needed. The only
thing it can be tricky to do completely right.
For SOAP endpoints it can be more predicatable, for RS endpoints a bit
less, as we effectively have a stem match. Please start experimenting if
you need it fast, I'm all into JAX-RS 2.0 work now with some other
planned work to do, but can help with/look into it later on too.

Thanks, Sergey