cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cxf CDI and Jersey integration (No SPRING)
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 09:29:18 GMT
Hi
On 07/05/13 09:50, Nicolae Petridean wrote:
> Hi guys,
> we are buidling an application that uses Jersey for exposing rest services
> and CDI for services management.
> We need to integrate this app with a 3rd party identity provider but we're
> also consider the opportunity to replace jersey with CXF. The problem is we
> do not have Spring in the application big picture. Can you help us with
> some examples or advise about how and if we should do it (integrate with
> jersey and CDI (Weld ) ? The security protocol we will use is also not
> clear yet. There is a possibility to use Oauth 2.0.
I'd recommend to ask a question about Jersey & CDI at the Jersey users
list, I'm pretty sure they support it in Glassfish.

We do not have an explicit support for CDI in CXF. I think you can get
CDI + CXF working well in TomEE+ distro. See what we have about OAuth2
at the moment:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs-oauth2.html

Also check Apache Oltu for OAuth2 - that should work with Jersey/CXF too.

> If you cannot answer fully to my question, maybe you can guide us to a CXF
> example without Spring.

You can use CXFNonSpringJaxrsServlet, see
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxrs-services-configuration.html#JAXRSServicesConfiguration-ConfiguringJAXRSservicesincontainerwithoutSpring

HTH, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin