cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring/Aries/Jetty versions for 3.0....
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 00:44:41 GMT
Hi Dan,

For CXF 3,
+1 to drop aries 0.3.x support
+1 to drop spring 2.5.x support and use spring 3.2 by default but still support spring 3.1
and yeah,  we better still support jetty 7.x in CXF 3

Thanks
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1473905042
weibo: @Freeman小屋

www.camelone.org : The open source integration conference:

On 2013-5-22, at 上午12:39, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Curious what people think about the various versions for CXF 3.
>
> Aries:
> We current support 1.x and 0.3.x via a bunch of reflection stuff.  If we drop support
for 0.3.x, we can clean up some of that reflection code.  However, we then lose support for
Karaf 2.2.x.

> Spring:
> We current test with 3.1, but have some level of support for 2.5.x by calling a bunch
of deprecated methods instead of the newer methods.   Thoughts about at least dropping support
for 2.5.x?  Likely should move to 3.2 as our default, but keep support for 3.1?

> Jetty:
> We current test and ship 8.1, but have support for 7.x via a bunch of reflection code.
  Since even Karaf 2.3 uses 7.x, we likely need to keep this.  :-(