cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Diego Cando" <dca...@jrelectric.com.ec>
Subject RE: Unable to parse unicode chars in the webservice response.
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 20:05:15 GMT
So, I'm trying to get a webservice like this (client call)

xmlns:wsk="http://www.sinardap.gob.ec/WSKiosco/">
            <soapenv:Header/>
            <soapenv:Body>
             <wsk:EntradaObtenerLogin>

I get a regular one with xmlns:ws=... but I cannot get one with wsk

Can that be a charset issue?

Saludos cordiales/kind regards,
Diego Cando
JR Electric Supply / Consorcio MTE Latinus

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Enviado el: lunes, 20 de mayo de 2013 14:55
Para: dev@cxf.apache.org; Asif Ali
Asunto: Re: Unable to parse unicode chars in the webservice response.

On May 20, 2013, at 3:29 PM, Asif Ali <asifali_465@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a web service client written in CXF with encoding as UTF-8.
> Whenever the service response contains unicode values like &#8217; CXF
> is not parsing that values, instead it is storing junk value in the
> java property. All the other symbols and special characters are parsed
> successfully but when it comes to unicode values like &#8217; when
> unmarshalling to java objects i am seeing junk value in the java
> property. Do i need to set any extra configuration to resolve this.

Can you use wireshark or similar to capture the raw bytes being transferred
across the wire.   The NORMAL cause for this type of problem is the client
side not setting the charset on the Content-Type HTTP header to UTF-8.    By
default, if unspecified, the charset is ISO-8859-1 which would certainly
cause this type of problem.

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog Talend Community Coder -
http://coders.talend.com