cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Status update on WSS4J 2.0 port
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:06:20 GMT
Hi all,

A quick status update on the WSS4J 2.0 port that I branched from trunk. Two
of the major tasks are now more or less complete:

 - CXF now uses the (new) WSS4J Policy Model. The advantage of this is that
both the DOM + StAX WS-SecurityPolicy implementations will share the same
policy model.
 - The WS-Security StAX "Action" based approach is now fully working in CXF.

I've created a kind of facade that wraps the streaming configuration in
WSS4J. This means that uses will be able to use almost identical
configuration as they do for the DOM case, they should just need to change
the interceptor name to switch over. For example, see the following
configuration:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/branches/wss4j2.0-port/systests/ws-security/src/test/resources/org/apache/cxf/systest/ws/action/server/stax-server.xml?view=markup

Any feedback is welcome. The next (rather large) task is to start
implementing + testing the streaming WS-SecurityPolicy approach in CXF.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder