cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Remove DOSGi single bundle distro for 1.5.0
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 14:38:29 GMT

I certainly have no problem with this.  Anything to make it a little easier to do releases
is likely a good thing.

Dan

On Apr 5, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> Currently it is a lot of effort to upgrade the DOSGi distro to new CXF versions.
>
> We have to do a manual upgrade of possibly all dependencies for:
> - single bundle distro pom
> - multi bundle distro pom
> - multi bundle distro distro_bundles.xml
>
> As on the cxf side the cxf single bundle distribution is kind of deprecated I would like
to remove the single bundle distro from DOSGi. The advantage is that one big manual step in
the upgrade process to new cxf releases will be removed. Also the testing will become easier
as we currently have to do the tests on single bundle and mutli bundle.

> Apart from the deployment this should have no big effect on user installations as there
is still the cxf compat bundle that allows applications to do require bundle.

> Btw. I plan to do some more steps to make it easier to keep up with current cxf releases.
I will describe in some more mails.

--
Daniel Kulp