cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF-4893 Downgrade the log level for buildServiceFromWSDL and buildServiceFromClass in the o.a.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 07:33:21 GMT
Hi, devs,

I hope that we could re-consider the logging level issue for CXF-4893 about
changing the log level for buildServiceFromWSDL and buildServiceFromClass
in the ReflectionServiceBeanFactory class.

The logging will be output while constructing the endpoint proxy,
typically, this will occurs while users invoke getPort or related methods
in the generated client stub classes.

Yes, we should always reuse the client proxy, while considering that, the
generated proxy is not thread-safe in some scenarios (as mentioned in link
[1]), for the users, they may still like to create the port for each
invocation, so it will finally have lots of messages, which will mess the
log files and may also possible have side effection to the perf.

If we would like to point out which wsdl file was used, think that
ServiceImpl class is a better location, as only one ServiceImpl should be
created in the common client codes writing practice.

Thoughts ?

[1]  http://cxf.apache.org/faq.html#FAQ-AreJAXWSclientproxiesthreadsafe%3F

--
Ivan