cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: filtering of features at automatic features loading over osgi service
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:46:05 GMT
Okay. I see what you mean. It is a bit different but more related than
I initially thought :-)

This "intent" approach is useful when your scenario app knows which
features to use or at least knows which features it intends to use and
tries to find them in osgi services.

The use case that I had in mind was to influence the behavior of some
scenarios from outside, something like instrumentation. And for this
mechanism, I was thinking of providing an option at the service-side
to restrict its applicability to some specific scenarios-apps and also
at the scenario-app-side to exclude the engagement of listeners or
features from some specific services.

I though this use case is somewhat complementary to the "intent" use
case but I am not really sure. I was thinking of introducing a pair of
regex properties to control the behavior of such external
features/listener engagement (which I added in CXF-4900). But I wonder
if it could be better replaced with the intent-based approach of some
forms (e.g. allowing some pseudo intentions like "no-intention" to
mean excluding everything and "any-intention" for including
everything, other concrete intentions to choose specifically)? Not
sure if it's simpler to separate them or unify them.

regards, aki