cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject filtering of features at automatic features loading over osgi service
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 23:32:47 GMT
Hi,
Currently, I think there is no filtering option in automatic feature
I think it's nicer and safer to have some kind of filtering mechanism.

I am thinking of not just the enable/disable boolean flag, but a regex
filter to match against the service-publishing bundle's symbolic names
and feature names.

Cocretely, we define bus properties that look something like,
bus.feature.osgi.load.allowFeatures
bus.feature.osgi.load.denyFeatures
bus.feature.osgi.load.allowBundles
bus.feature.osgi.load.denyBundles

each taking a regex string.

and writing in a pseudo-code,
given
f = feature
bsn = bundleSymbolicName
fn = featureName

we use the condition
if (match(allowBundles, bn) && !match(allowBundles, bn)
   && match(allowFeatures, fn) && !match(denyFeatures, fn)) {
  add(f)
}

or use a simpler rule with only the bundle name check part.

Do you have comments or preferences?

Thanks.
regards, aki