cxf-dev mailing list archives

From John Li <j...@mycubes.nl>
Subject Re: WSRM in combination with WS-Security: timestamp problem
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2013 15:00:10 GMT
Hello Aki,

I just created an issue for this problem: cxf-4866. Thanks!

I have an additional issue with the usage of WSRM. Non-repudiation is an
important security topic as well. By reading the specification, it seems
that the element signatureConfirmation is an answer to this requirement.
But it requires a response from the server. For this reason, we did a
blocking call with WSRM support added but we run into the following issue.

If the Source application fires a blocking call, it will wait for response
from the server. Now in the case that the message was lost, WSRM will
retransmit the message but the Source application is directly getting an
error back from the RMS. This means that to the Source application it seems
that the call failed but the WSRM retransmit actually was successful. I am
wondering if this is by design or is this actually an bug?

On application level, this inconsistency can cause lots of problems. But if
we only do non-blocking calls with WSRM, it seems that we cannot use the
signatureConfirmation element since it is provided through the response of
the original message.

Any insight on this would be very much appreciated!

With kind regards,
John