cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-4893 Downgrade the log level for buildServiceFromWSDL and buildServiceFromClass in the o.a.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:12:42 GMT
As my comment in CXF-4893, I'm -1 for this change.

Moreover, that INFO is very important in several cases. For example, some metadata is only
carried by the WSDL, like ws-policy or schema validation info, you can easily run into weird
 problem that why some feature doesn't work, check that INFO log to know whether the service
model build from WSDL or Class is the first place to check.

Given the importance of that INFO, I really don't think downgrade the log level for it is
a good idea, and performance impact to print this INFO is acceptable IMO.  In CXF, the client
proxy is thread safe in most cases, so it's rare that you need create a client pool, so generally
for both client and server, you only see it once.

Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang